Famous for his development of the steam hammer, the engineer James Hall Nasmyth (1808–1890), after retiring at the age of 48 years old, pursed his hobby of astronomy. As well as building his own 20-inch reflecting telescope and so inventing the “Nasmyth focus”, he co-wrote The Moon: Considered as a Planet, a World, and a Satellite (1873). The image here is one a several featured in the book and, of course, is not an actual photograph of the moon’s surface but rather a plaster cast model of how Nasmyth imagined it to be. (Image source: Rijksmuseum)
Museum quality Giclee print printed using archival inks on premium fine art paper — 100% cotton, finely textured, and acid-free archival substrates purposefully chosen for optimal historical art reproduction. Orders for US and Canada will be printed on LexJet Sunset Textured Fine Art Paper (310gsm); Australian orders on Hahnemühle’s Photo Rag (188gsm); and all other orders on St Cuthbert Mill’s Somerset Enhanced Velvet (255gsm).
All frames are custom made to order.
- Solid wood with a 3/4″ face (and 1″ depth for US orders, 3/4“ elsewhere).
- 2” acid-free 4-ply natural white mat with beveled edges
- Shatterproof, high quality UV-shielding acrylic glazing
- Archival acid-free foam core backing
Why acrylic instead of glass? Although more expensive than glass, like most art-sellers and galleries we’ve chosen acrylic for its superior UV protection, and because it is also lighter and much less breakable — not only does this ensure it gets to you safely, but also handy for when you might want to move house in the future!
All prints, unframed and framed, will be expertly and securely packed to make sure they arrive in top condition.
|US, Canada, UK, EU, Australia||Everywhere else|
|Framed||$20||$30 for S, M, L, and $45 for XL.|
Last order dates for Christmas delivery
– US and Canada: 13th Dec (Unframed) and 12th Dec (Framed)
– UK: 13th Dec (Unframed) and 2nd Dec (Framed)
– EU and Australia: 9th Dec (Unframed) and 28th Nov (Framed)
– Africa/Asia: 25th Nov (Unframed), now too late for Framed.
– Everywhere else: 2nd Dec (Unframed) and 21st Nov (Framed)
All prints, framed and unframed, sent via tracked service. Unfortunately, we are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Estimated delivery times from day of ordering are as follows:
- US and Canada — 7 to 16 business days
- Australia — 5 to 19 business days
- UK — 7 to 10 business days (unframed), 14 to 17 business days (framed)
- EU — 7 to 14 business days (unframed), 15 to 19 business days (framed)
- Everywhere else — 10 to 15 business days (unframed), 17 to 21 business days (framed)
If ordering to addresses outside of the US, UK, EU, Canada or Australia you may be required to pay duties and taxes to claim your package, depending on your local customs office.
As the prints are custom (made specifically for the image, size, and frame colour you have chosen) then we can only accept returns or refunds in the case of incorrect or damaged goods. For more info see our Returns Policy.