- Happy Public Domain Day 2022!
January 1, 2022
Each January 1st is Public Domain Day, where a new crop of works have their copyrights expire and become free to enjoy, share, and reuse for any purpose.
- Top 10 Most Read Pieces from 2021
December 27, 2021
From Alice's Wonderland to Japanese fireworks, a rundown of the ten most read pieces we published this year.
- All Sound Recordings Prior to 1923 Will Enter the US Public Domain in 2022
December 7, 2021
Thanks to the Music Modernization Act passed by US Congress in 2018, all sound recordings prior to 1923 will have their copyrights expire in the US on January 1st.
- Our New Countdown Calendar for Works Entering the Public Domain
December 2, 2021
A new section on the site dedicated to celebrating works entering the public domain.
- The Launch of Our End-of-Year Fundraiser!
December 1, 2021
Our End-of-Year Fundraiser is launched, and the new postcards theme will be Ink.
- Last Order Dates for Christmas 2021
November 18, 2021
The recommended cut-off dates to order from our shop by to ensure delivery in time for Dec 25th.
- 28 New Prints Up On Our Online Shop
November 17, 2021
New delights for your walls, including works by Blake, Grandville, Redon, Hiroshige, and lots of stunning Japanese firework illustrations.
- “The Internet at its Utopian Best”: A Fabulous Feature on The Public Domain Review in the TLS
November 4, 2021
Frances Wilson review's our project for a feature in this week's Times Literary Supplement
- The Launch of Our Mid-Year Fundraiser!
June 9, 2021
Our Mid-Year Fundraiser is launched, and the new postcards theme will be Play.
- A Deeper Dive into Affinities, Our New Book of Images
May 25, 2021
Editor Adam Green answers some questions about Affinities, offering a sneak peek at its inner workings and the idea behind it.
- Announcing the Launch of Affinities, a Very Special Book of Images to Celebrate our 10th Anniversary.
April 7, 2021
Gathering over 500 prints, paintings, illustrations, sketches, photographs, doodles, and everything in between, Affinities is a carefully curated journey exploring echoes and connections across more than two millennia of visual culture.
- It’s Our 10th Birthday! Celebrating a Decade of The Public Domain Review
January 1, 2021
Its our big birthday! We celebrate with a year-by-year glance back over the last decade of the project.
- Top 10 Most Read Pieces of 2020
December 28, 2020
Rundown of our Top 10 most read pieces of the year.
- The Launch of Our End-of-Year Fundraiser!
December 2, 2020
Our End-of-Year Fundraiser is launched, and the new postcards theme will be Communication.
- Last Order Dates for Christmas 2020
November 12, 2020
A little bit earlier this year (due to you know what), below are the recommended cut-off dates to order from our shop by to ensure delivery in time for Dec 25th. Please do get your orders in early! And remember all proceeds go directly back into supporting the project.
- A New Batch of Prints and Introducing Themed Sets
November 11, 2020
Introducing updates to the prints shop, including new ways to explore the collection.
- Work with The Public Domain Review
August 25, 2020
We are looking for an experienced editor, researcher, and writer to work with us.
- The Launch of our Mid-Year Fundraiser!
June 10, 2020
The Public Domain Review's Mid-Year Fundraiser is launched!
- Black Lives Matter
June 8, 2020
Some thoughts in light of the Black Lives Matter protests about how the PDR can do better.
- Volume 2 of the PDR Colouring Book! Free to Download and Print Off at Home
May 27, 2020
The second of our free colouring books, including works by Walter Crane, Jessie M. King, and Arthur Rackham.
- Announcing the theme for our next postcard pack.... TOUCH
May 12, 2020
Our postcard sets sent to Friends of the PDR in summer will be themed on "touch"
- Public Domain Backgrounds for Zoom
April 8, 2020
Collection of 15 images to liven up your video chats and conferences.
- Announcing the PDR Colouring Book! Free to Download and Print Off at Home
March 31, 2020
We made you a colouring book to help you through these strange times, featuring works by Hokusai, Albrecht Dürer, Virginia Frances Sterrett, and Aubrey Beardsley.
- Coronavirus Update
March 30, 2020
Quick update as to how the coronavirus crisis is impacting The Public Domain Review.
- Interview with PDR's Adam Green on Nightingale
February 6, 2020
PDR Editor Adam Green talks to Jason Forrest of Nightingale, journal for the Data Visualization Society.
- Class of 2020: New in the Public Domain today!
January 1, 2020
Our top pick of those whose works on 1st January 2020 enter the public domain in many countries around the world.
- The Public Domain Review's End-of-Year Fundraiser is launched!
December 4, 2019
The Public Domain Review's End-of-Year Fundraiser is launched!
- Welcome to our shiny new website!
November 21, 2019
After many months of secret toil and aesthetic deliberation, we are very proud to launch our brand new site — a total refurb from the ground up!