The Temple of Time
From a background, of "Creation" to a foreground of "The Roman Empire" a flow diagram of ancient history adorns the floor of a pagan temple. The flow of time is demarcated by 59 pairs of Ionic columns each representing a century with the major battles and other events of each period; each column bears the names of “those sovereigns by which the age is chiefly distinguished”, and on the ceiling eminent statesmen, thinkers, theologians, artists and military figures of each age. (Source: New York Public Library)
- Tulips, Fly, Kidney Bean, and Bean Joris Hoefnagel
- European Columbines and Sweet Cherry Joris Hoefnagel
- Guide for Constructing the Letter R Joris Hoefnagel
- Night Shells: 2 Hirayama Fireworks Co.
- Het Hoogeland Jan Toorop
- Night Shells: 4 Hirayama Fireworks Co.
- Poster for Delft Salad Oil Jan Toorop
- Chinese Albert Racinet